Translation
Translation

St Francis Xavier Cathedral 

Famed architect Monsignor Hawes  arrived in Geraldton in 1915 to take up the parish priest position. He started work on the St Francis Xavier Cathedral straight away. The cathedral's foundation stone was laid in 1916 and the building was completed in 1938.

Today St Francis Xavier Cathedral is regarded as one of Monsignor Hawes finest works.

Guided walks through the cathedral are available Mondays and Fridays at 10am and Wednesdays at 4pm. 

A $5 donation applies. 

Location:  Cathedral Avenue, Geraldton, WA, 6530

For more information contact the Geraldton Visitor Centre.